Saturday, April 9, 2011

Is this normal, is this for life?

What is normal?  Who is normal?  What constitutes living a normal life?  I’m sitting here asking myself these questions, and honestly I don’t like the answers.  Everyone says who wants to be normal or live a “Normal life.”  Well if you’ve had a chaotic and abnormal life then I guess you would qualify as someone who would like some normalcy and order to your life! 
I’m not one who subscribes to the living your whole life a certain way and doing certain things all the time.  That’s not me, I like changing seasons, and the ability to on a whim just go do something, or be unexpected.  That to me is what makes life so much fun, and well….LIFE.
When you are living in NOT normal circumstances you ask yourself sometimes, “Is this what life is, and how long life will be this way.”  Lisa I’m not talking about the living situation, so just put that thought to rest.  I’m talking about people in my life.  There are some relationships I just can’t put up with the way they are for the rest of my life.  I guess maybe that’s my dilemma to either deal with and move on or change things.  But what if you can’t change the circumstances, then what? 
When frustration and concern are replaced with normalcy, is that a time to be worried?  Or is it a desensitizing that ultimately takes place, after years of behavior and let down from a person.  Is it healthy to not care in the end one way or another, what that person does or doesn’t do?  Is it wrong to not have ANY feeling for someone, where there should be something?  Or have I just become that jaded and numb to certain people, actions, and behaviors.

1 comment:

  1. I think at some point you do become unaffected by some folks. If they have hurt you over and over it is kind of self defense. As long as there is no anger in your heart and you can forgive then I think you are ok. Sometimes we just get worn down.

    ReplyDelete