Some say we all have a purpose in life and that it’s our job or duty to find out what the purpose is and do everything we can to make it happen. Others just say that life is what you make it, “It is what it is.” If you subscribe to the first line of thinking what if you’re not at all happy with what your role in life is, what if it’s the farthest thing from what you consider to be your calling. I’ve recently come to this point in my existence and I refuse to accept the terms placed on my life. Would it drive you to the brink of sanity if you knew that you were created for a destiny that is so evil, so horrific?
How could a God that is so loving, caring and giving predestine a child to an eternity of damnation? If an omnipotent being who knows the beginning from the end can know that I will be born as a pawn on his chessboard of life, then how do you really know if you will enter eternal rest, instead of eternal torture. And then there’s a group of people who think that yes, life is predestined, BUT, we also have free will to choose for ourselves what our reality will be like. I’ll admit this last philosophical thought is intriguing to think about and ponder, but you quickly find yourself in a vortex of thought and there are no easy or clear cut answers along this line of thinking. Because everything is predestined to happen, but I choose to participate or not, but then that participation or non-participation would be predestined as well. But in the end I choose to believe I have free will so I can sleep better at night. Do you see how this line of thinking could be paradoxical in nature?
So back to an all knowing and all seeing God who loves but predestines a human-being to eternal torture, but then someone else can enter into an eternal heaven. How does one reconcile this within themself without driving them insane. What if you truly in your heart of hearts, thought you were saved and going to heaven, but through the course of life you realize something is terribly wrong with your eternal perspective. You start seeing warning signs, and the fingerprints, of an agenda that was not of your own making or creation, but it is one that you are sentenced to. It is one that you are destined to fulfill because SOMEONE has to, might as well be you. So you willingly do it not out of anger but out of LOVE for your fellow man, because you see the big picture. Do you have the capacity to understand all of your calling and still complete your mission? Do you have what it takes to keep it all together long enough? Or will you have such contempt for the one who is responsible, so much so that words can't express the level of anger.
How could a God that is so loving, caring and giving predestine a child to an eternity of damnation? If an omnipotent being who knows the beginning from the end can know that I will be born as a pawn on his chessboard of life, then how do you really know if you will enter eternal rest, instead of eternal torture. And then there’s a group of people who think that yes, life is predestined, BUT, we also have free will to choose for ourselves what our reality will be like. I’ll admit this last philosophical thought is intriguing to think about and ponder, but you quickly find yourself in a vortex of thought and there are no easy or clear cut answers along this line of thinking. Because everything is predestined to happen, but I choose to participate or not, but then that participation or non-participation would be predestined as well. But in the end I choose to believe I have free will so I can sleep better at night. Do you see how this line of thinking could be paradoxical in nature?
So back to an all knowing and all seeing God who loves but predestines a human-being to eternal torture, but then someone else can enter into an eternal heaven. How does one reconcile this within themself without driving them insane. What if you truly in your heart of hearts, thought you were saved and going to heaven, but through the course of life you realize something is terribly wrong with your eternal perspective. You start seeing warning signs, and the fingerprints, of an agenda that was not of your own making or creation, but it is one that you are sentenced to. It is one that you are destined to fulfill because SOMEONE has to, might as well be you. So you willingly do it not out of anger but out of LOVE for your fellow man, because you see the big picture. Do you have the capacity to understand all of your calling and still complete your mission? Do you have what it takes to keep it all together long enough? Or will you have such contempt for the one who is responsible, so much so that words can't express the level of anger.
No comments:
Post a Comment